BUG-Bibliostat Users Group: Problem with Collect - FYI

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Problem with Collect - FYI

On behalf of Gerry Rowland:

I recently found 38 instances (Administrative Entities) in which one or
more fields in Collect had incorrect calculated totals.

According to Bibliostat, in each case the library changed a number in
Collect, then submitted data without first updating. The result was that
the changes were saved but the totals were not updated.

Webplus caught the ones (7) that had totals that did not match the sum
of the parts for FSCS. I found the rest with "manual" calculations. I
audited every calculated field in Collect. Every calculated total had
at least 1 problem, some had 5 or 6 incorrect instances (82 total).

I talked with the key people at Bibliostat, they know that this was a
Collect problem and they are working to:

>Fix the program

>Provide a new final spreadsheet for us (done as of 1/25/06)

>Fix the numbers in Connect

>Check other states

Bibliostat libraries, you might want to check your totals. It has taken
me a week to correct the problems in our Public Library Statistics and
in WebPlus.

Gerry Rowland, Consultant
State Library of Iowa
E. 12th and Grand
Des Moines, IA 50319
Gerry.Rowland@lib.state.ia.us
Ph: 800-248-4483; 515-281-7573
Fax: 515-281-6191
www.statelibraryofiowa.org

Labels: